Later for a treat, we will have Sweedish fish gummy snacks. Then for dinner I, Captian "Cook" will serve Pirate Potroast with stuffed Zucchini "ships." For their bedtime story we will read How I Became a Pirate.
For those of you in the Portland area, there will be the Portland Pirate Festival this Saturday from 10 am - 10 pm at Cathedral Park. I'm going to try and talk Dan into going.
For more pirate fun go to www.talklikeapirate.com where you will find answers to burning questions like this:
Q. OK, settle this once and for all. Is it "Arrrrrrr," "Yarrrrr," "Yarrrrgh" or what?
A. Ol' Chumbucket has always held that the preferred exclamation be "Arrr!" and not, "Arrrgh!" because "Arrrgh!" is the sound one makes when one sits on a belayin' pin and no pirate would intentionally do that.
But the fact o' the matter is, thar be pirates what says, "Arrr!" AND pirates what says, "Arrrgh!" and thems what say, "Yarrr!" or even "Yarrrgh!" (Although "Yarrr!" tends to be a British variant and "Yarrgh" seems to be favored by the Dutch.)
But we don't care how ye say it! Your "Arrr!" should just come from yer heart and yer bowels and be a fully formed expression o' yer own Pirattitude!
Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day!

3 comments:
Avast me hearties! Arrrggg! or whatever. :-) You're such a fun Mommy, boat "slammiches" were cute. I think we are gonna try to go out to the festivities on Sat. too but Shawn has a golf tourn. too so....
Good to have you back! :-)
Post those scrap pages! :-)
Oh, by the way, that last post was from me, sweetktea. I dunno what happened. I am so not computer literate. Arrrgggg!
I think you may have hit the Anonymous button down below where it says "choose an identity."
Post a Comment