A few nights ago, after reading my dad's blog, I was inspired to go on a walk. So I set Hayden in the stroller and off we went down the road. I noticed that a lot of the wild black berries were all dried up from the summer heat, but then I came across one section that just looked like it was waiting for me to come and pick. So the following day I brought a bowl with me and look how many berries I got!I thought all these berries would go perfect with the cupcakes I pulled out of the freezer. (I made extra for Hayden's birthday and froze them, then just pulled them out the other day when I cleaned it out.) I took about half the berries and mashed them up with a fork. Then added about a tablespoon of fructose and stirred. I cut each cupcake in half and spread the berry filling on top, then I "whipped" up some heavy whipping cream and to it I added almond extract instead of sugar. Once I dolloped the whip cream on top, the kids were drooling...I garnished with berries and soon kids and hubby were singing my praises!
Since I am watching what I eat (or don't eat!) I decided to try this without the cupcake. It was just as good as with the cake, without the guilt! So go get yourselves some blackberries before they are gone...
Last night, Natalie was up crying with leg pains. This happens quite a lot, so I have been trying to encourage her to eat more bananas for the potassium. Here is a spin on just a plain banana that she thought was pretty yummy. You can't go wrong with chocolate and peanuts!
No comments:
Post a Comment