Friday, September 22, 2006

Fabulous Food Friday

Rachael Ray may wow you with her 30-minute meals, but I have a meal that will save you 10 more minutes. I made this last night in about 20 minutes...so easy...so yummy and so good for you!




Menu
4
Blackened Tilapia4Sauteed Zucchini and Onions4Dot Noodles

First coat a casserole dish with olive oil. Then place tilapia fillets in dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. I added a blackening seasoning that I purchased from the Salty's booth last month at the Bite. Now it is ready to go into a 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. While the fish is cooking, boil some noodles for about 7 minutes. While you are waiting for the water to boil, turn on the stove to med and heat up a saucepan or wok with about a tablespoon of butter. Now slice 1/2 to 1 zucchini, 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic (minced) and 1/4 of a green pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasonings/oregano and saute until tender. When the noodles are done, drain off water and return to pot. Add a tablespoon of butter and about 1/2 teaspoon of poppy seeds, stir. About this time your fish will be ready to take out of the oven. That's it, you're done! Serve with a lemon wedge (not just for garnish...it really does taste good on the fish.) Bon Appetite!

1 comment:

Mama Cimino said...

Mmmm that does sound tasty. Now if I could just get John to eat fish and vegetables, I'd be set... Maybe have us over and that's what you fix. Tricky.