
Can you believe the weather we had...86 degrees! It was a perfect fall day. In the afternoon, Dan and Natalie went in the pool while I watched nearby, laying in the sun. We all enjoyed home-made popcicles (I use leftover smoothies to make ours...yum!). After a while Dan decided to mow the lawn...with kids in tow.

While they were busy on the "tractor," I rescued our blueberry bushes from our overzealous grape vines. They were climbing up over the trellis and onto nearby bushes and trees. Now you can actually walk under the trellis. Some day, I'd love to put a bench or a swing under there.

The concord grapes are begining to get ripe and they smell amazing...can't wait to juice these beauties!

When Dan was out mowing, he stopped and chatted with the neighbor behind us who was hauling horse manure to our other neighbor's yard. On his way over he gave us some too. Free compost for our vegetable garden next year. We missed out on a garden this year due to the move. I can't wait to start planting next spring!
4 comments:
That was nice of them.
What are you planning on planting?
BTW, I loved the picture of all of the kids in the "tractor" :-) I'll bet they just love that!
I forgot to mention how pretty that photo of your grapes is. So rich with color. Shawn's Grandfather used to have grapes just like that in his backyard and the year before he passed away he gave us a huge bowl full of these grape clusters. They smelled so wonderful but when I tasted them they were quite tart and well not like the grocery store grapes. Anyway, I wasn't quite sure what to do with them but didn't want to waste them. So out came the canning jars and I made grape jelly. We still have one jar. I think we don't want to open it b/c of sentimental reasons since his Grandpa passes months after I made the jelly. I gave each family member a jar with a label that read "Grandpa's Grape Jelly". They all appreciated it. We kept only one seed from all those grapes. Maybe one day we will get it planted in his honor. Anyway, the grape jelly was delicious and fun to make. What are your plans for your grapes?
I was planning to juice them, but if you have a good recipe for jelly, I would love to give it a try.
Post a Comment