Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Picture of the Day 9-05

Well it's official, I now have two kids in school. They were both a little nervous on their first day of school. When I picked Natalie up this afternoon after her kindergarten screening she said "I don't want to leave." I had a 10 minute conference with her teacher who said she could tell Natalie had been learning a lot at home. She knew all the things she was quized on (numbers, letters, shapes) I didn't have the heart to tell the teacher that she has known most of that since before she was two! Her teacher said Natalie demonstrated some skills they usually see in 7 year olds. I know she will do great in kindergarten as she is a quick learner, I just hope it is challenging enough for her.

When I picked Zander up from pre-school he said it was "fun." I knew he would love it. He was playing with a boy in his class the minute we walked through the door. I'm glad my kids don't have separation issues. I think I would have been a basket case. I didn't get sad when I left them this morning. I was just happy they were in a safe place where they can learn and have fun. What more could a mom want?

So now that I have two kids in school, I should have lots of time to get things done, right? Wrong. I have about an hour and a half when they are both in school. Since they don't have the same schedule, I was running back and forth to each of the schools. I think I was in the car most of the morning!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it! Two in school. Hunter starts Kindergarten tomorrow morning and so I too will be drivin' around as well. I'll be thinkin' of ya. :-) We have a 20 min. ride there and then 20 min. home. And then do it all over again in the afternoon. Oh...did I mention he's playing soccer too-more driving. Well, I am resigned to the fact that this is what I do now...I am the Mommy Shuttle. I do it proudly-well, ask me again about that comment after a week of getting up and everybody ready at 7ish AM. I think I will be taking the other little ones in their pjs. I was spoiled last year when Shawn drove him to school out in Gresham, it was on his way to work. Well, not this year-it's so not on the way. That's ok, maybe this will just be what I need to get to bed at a decent time in the eve's. Ha!!! :-) LOL.
Hayden will go to preschool next year. Where do you have Zander?

Alyssa said...

Our school schedule is crazy. Natalie starts at 8:10 and it takes about 15 minutes to get there, by the time I get a parking spot. Then Zander's school is another 10 minutes away, but he doesn't start until 9:00. So I have to kill time until 9. Then I go home and try to get something done for about an hour or so and then leave again to pick up Natalie by 10:45, bring her home for a while then back out to get Zander at 11:30. Whew! Needless to say, Hayden was in his pjs until after his afternoon nap.

Alyssa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.