Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Kid's Health Fair

Last Saturday we went to the Kid's Health Fair at Mt. Hood Medical Center.
(Click on the photos to enlarge)



This is as close as Natalie would get to the fire truck. She is so much like me at this age. I remember being on a preschool field trip to OMSI (back when it was near the Zoo) and I got super nervous when they wanted us all to go in the airplane outside. She also gets nervous around big vehicles and so you won't see many photos of her.

Zander, on the other hand, wanted to see it all. Here he is in a fire truck, an ambulance and in the back of a police car!

Here, the Gresham Fire Fighters demonstrate how they can save lives by ripping open a car. We got there right as they were taking the whole top off...an instant convertable!

Here is Zander getting a pretend red cast put on his wrist. Then we waited in line to get Zander a bike helmet (for only $5). Now we just need to get him a bike! I looked, but they weren't selling bikes for $5. Drats! Hayden liked to hang out at the Lego table.

Now Dr. Zander, assisted by a surgeon, uses a special grabbing device to remove the candy inside the teddy bear's tummy. In order to locate the candy, Dr. Zander had to look on the monitor that showed the inside of the bear's tummy. I'm happy to report that the surgery was a success. As you can see, we had a great time.

3 comments:

Bob Roush said...

I still have the little red bike that you had when you were learning to ride. It is a convetable so that it makes into a boys or girls bike. I even have the training wheels that go with it.

Let me know if you want it.

Love,

Dad

Mama Cimino said...

Zander is too cute. What an action figure he'll be soon. I couldn't figure out why the doctor was showing him the insides of a body until I scrolled down and saw the candy. I thought he was looking into a plastic cadavor or something. did he get to keep the hair net. tell him he has to wear it when he comes to see the baby when its born!!!

Alyssa said...

He did get to keep it as well as the doctors mask that goes over the mouth...but he didn't like wearing that. When is your due date? It's in March right. We are planning to go to Disneyland over spring break, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss your delivery. Keep me posted.