I am sitting here typing this, wearing my jeans from my skinny days and a huge smile on my face. Granted I can't leave them buttoned for long or I may pass out, but at least I can get them on...something that I couldn't even consider at the beginning of this summer. Because I am bigger around my middle, I had to buy "BIG girl jeans" that were kind of baggy everywhere else, so it feels good to have jeans that fit, even though I can't keep them buttoned. Earlier today I put on my Abercrombie and Fitch short-shorts and wore them all day. They haven't fit me for 2 years (if you factor in the 9 months of pregnancy). I knew I must have been loosing weight somewhere because my postpartum jeans, that I have been living in since I delivered last August, were so loose I didn't need to unbutton them to put them on or take them off. The scale, however was not showing me that I was loosing weight. I went for 3 1/2 weeks before I lost 2 lbs. This time was very discouraging to me, but then when I got sick, ate nothing but fruit smoothies and chicken noodle soup for 2 days, I started dropping pounds.
Finally...my weight loss secret is out...get sick.
All kidding aside,
here is my smoothy recipe:
I know it is part of the reason why I was only sick for 2 1/2 days.
Berry Smoothy:
Equal parts frozen strawberries, frozen peaches and frozen blueberries. Blend with plenty of juice (I use apple juice) until smooth. (Note: I don't use bananas in my smoothy because they are a high-glycemic food, and thus could sabotage any weight-loss plan.)
**When I am sick or just need an extra boost, I add to this: freeze
dried cranberry (found in capsules at Wild Oats. I remove it from the capsule and add to blender), 2 scoops
coral calcium, 2 tablespoons
colloidal minerals and 2 scoops of
green powder.
I also take echinacea, vitamin c and
stinging nettle. No over the counter meds needed.
Just a note...I use any remaining smoothy to make yummy popsicles.
1 comment:
Way to go Alyssa!!! Woohoo! I wish I could woohoo for me too but...
Anyway, keep it up! (well, not the sick part but the staying on track part) Glad you're feeling better! Your smoothie looked really good BTW.
Post a Comment