Monday, October 23, 2006

Girl's Weekend Scrapbooking Getaway




This past weekend, my friends Anne and Andrea and I drove to Stevenson, WA for a much needed getaway. With scrapbooking as the goal, we hauled our supplies up to Anne's family cabin and settled in. It was late when we got there, but we decided to start in on our projects anyway. We didn't want to let a single minute of uninterrupted bliss go to waste. We were scrapbooking until midnight at least and then decided to call it a night.

The next morning, I woke up and went downstairs to find Andrea had already started in on her pages. I jumped in and before long Anne joined us. Unfortunately for Anne, she started to feel ill. Her son had been throwing up the day we left and she felt she was headed down that same path. We encouraged her to lay low and she did. We popped in some chick flix and she took a nap while Andrea and I got to work. By now I was well on my way to finishing some gifts as well as a few pages for my own memory books.

At some point we decided to take a break from everything and have lunch. Part of the deal for the weekend was no food that would hinder out weight loss progress. So we all brought salad fixin's and had a big salad bar...all except Anne who was not hungry.

Through the course of the weekend we managed to stay pretty busy, stopping only to pop in a new movie. We watched "Breakfast at Tiffany's," "Wonder Woman," "First Wives Club," and "True Lies," The latter, not exactly a chick flik, but entertaining, none the less.

Dinner time rolled around and Andrea and I headed out to find a place to eat. We had decided on Skamania Lodge, but let's just stay we had a little trouble getting her truck to back up out of the driveway. Somehow it was just stuck (parked on a gravel slope) and would not get traction to save our lives. Andrea gave a valiant effort in what was a very stressful situation, especially in the dark. We both decided to call it a night and so I made a fritata for us all to share.

The next morning, Andrea was able to get her truck out after she put some sticks down for traction. What a difference a day makes. I didn't really have any more creativity in me, so I just sat around and watched movies with Anne, then we cleaned up and left. It was a great getaway. I got a lot accomplished...unfortunately, I also got the bug Anne did...to a lesser degree.

4 comments:

redheadedmama said...

My worst fear came true, I am so sorry if you got sick. If it is any help, I was better by monday, but Isaac is still full of diarrea. Ate this morning, but then it all came out the other end..will it ever go away???? ugh. Regardless of my health I had a great time. Same time next month??? hehehe.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time! The kids and I had a fun time haning out, glad you could get away from it all for a while.

Anonymous said...

Ladies! Sorry to hear about your "bugs". Hope you all feel better soon. I was sorry to have missed out on the fun this time around but please remember me the next time! :-)
It looks like you got a lot done though on your scrapbooks! What a great view of the lake too!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah....
is that Pirate Paper Stampin' up? What great paper Alyssa!
Hunter's 4th bday party was Pirate themed, I haven't scrapped it yet. I am on the lookout for piratey things.