Thursday, October 05, 2006

Just another day in the life

Not much has happened the past couple days, but regardless, I feel strangely compelled to blog.

The early part of my day was spent providing shuttle services to and from school for my children. I counted 8 times that I had to buckle poor Hayden into the car.

Then after lunch I totally obsessed over the Lost premiere that we watched last night. I went online to read everyone's theories about the show, watched an interview with the writers of Lost on Podcast, and tried to figure out the hidden meanings, connections and explanations for what was happening on the show. This is by far, one of our favorite shows to watch. It is so suspenseful, but beyond that, the writing and acting is incredible. The attention to detail that is mapped out to make it all come together is impressive. Not only is the show great, but there are also websites desiged to give viewers clues to the show. For instance, the Oceanic Airlines website is created for the show, but looks just like a website for a real airline. There are hidden "easter eggs" or clues that build on one another. This Hanso website is totally bogus; looks real, but it's made for the show. Anyway, I don't know why I went off on that, but I just think it is cool how the internet is used in conjunction with the show.

After cleaning house for a few hours, I made dinner, then Dan's mom came over to watch the kids while we went to our class at East Hill. We just started their restoration series called Wounded by Shame, Healed by Grace and it is pretty intense. It deals with past issues, behavioral patterns, family dysfunction and why we do what we do, say what we say. It's very eye-opening. We are now in our third week and it is starting to get really interesting.

Well, I'm gonna go now...I have to watch tonight's episode of Survivor that we taped. I'm such a TV junkie!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watch LOST too, but I still haven't watched the first season yet. I came in on the second and was just instantly enthralled. Love it!
Shawn and I also keep up with Amazing Race, Desperate HWs, and Grey's Anatomy and of course Survivor! We have Survivor night, what kind of dorks are we?? :-)

Alyssa said...

Yeah, another LOST fan out there. Isn't it the best show? I also watch Extreme Home Makeover, Desperate House Wives, Survivor and sadly The Batchelor and Wife Swap.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! There ARE others???? LOL :-)So...I'm not the only one who "lives" for Reality Television?
Ok, I must confess...
I also watch The Simple Life! Well, it's over right now but...Ok, you can laugh but... whatever. It WAS kinda funny. :-)