Now that fall is here, it's time to cozy up with some warm comfort foods. One of my favorite things to make is a really great soup. Here is a recipe I tried after tasting it at Three Lions Bakery (formerly located in the lobby of Emanuel Hospital). Keep in mind that I can't stand mushrooms, however, because this is soup is so yummy I will make an exception. I modified this recipe by pureeing the mushrooms in the blender so I can't even tell they are there. No rubbery textured food for me...can't eat shrimp or clams either. So, without further ado, here is the recipe for the week:Hungarian Mushroom Soup
4 tablespoons butter
2 cups chopped onions
1 lb sliced fresh mushroom
2 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 cup heavy cream (whipping)
1 teaspoon salt
1 dash fresh ground pepper
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/3 cup sour cream
1. Melt butter over medium heat, using a large pot.
2. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms and saute for 5 more minutes.
4. Stir in the chicken broth, paprika, soy sauce and dill weed.
5. Reduce to low, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
6. Using a slotted spoon, put mushroom/onion mixture (with about a cup of liquid) into the blender and puree until smooth.
7. Pour back into pot and add heavy cream into soup and blend well.
8. Simmer, covered, for 10 more minutes.
9. Stir in salt, pepper, lemon juice and sour cream.
10. Heat through for 4 or 5 minutes.
Note: I usually double this recipe so there will be extra. Last week when I served it to company, I trippled it. It was a hit!
3 comments:
One of my favorites!
I love a good homemade soup!!
Gonna have to try this one! Yum, thanks for the recipe!
That bakery sounds wonderful too!!!!
Post a Comment