Thursday, November 15, 2007

Welcome to the end of the Oregon Trail!

No, it's not really a covered wagon, but it may as well be.

Actually, I would rather it was a covered wagon, because then I could hold on to hope that someday it would move. But alas, this greenhouse isn't going anywhere... Instead we are stuck with this GIANT eyesore which now blocks the natural scenery in our front yard.

Our neighbors are really smart, very considerate people, that's why it baffles me that in all their 13+ acres, they chose the front corner that meets up with our yard. In all fairness, our neighbor did call the day after it went up to apologize, saying he didn't realize it would be this obtrusive. In hindsight, Dan and I are kicking ourselves for not speaking up when they broke ground...but I guess we didn't realize the impact until it was too late.


Here is our new view just steps from our front door...every time we see it, we get a little miffed inside.

Update: I just had a talk with one of the neighbors (who brought over pumpkin bread too!!) and she said they plan to plant a hedge to block the view...so that will help out a lot, I think.

3 comments:

redheadedmama said...

You know your OLD neighbors would never have done anything so rude!!! :-) We only did things that would bring us closer, like make the dirt pile even bigger so I could see over the fence to spy.. i mean talk to you!!!

Dont you miss us?! :-)

Alyssa said...

Yes we do!!! Good times!

Mickle Family said...

Camouflage paint anyone?