Thursday, November 15, 2007

In search of the Perfect Advent Calendar

For the past...well, since Natalie was a baby, I have been searching for the perfect (affordable) advent calendar. As kids we had a paper advent calendar that we re-used every year. Then as we got older we upgraded to the kind with chocolate inside. I always thought it was fun to open up the little paper door and peek at what was on the inside...and sometimes I would even sneak a peek at the next couple days...cause I just couldn't wait!

Now that I have kids I want to carry on this fun tradition, but there are so many different kinds of advent calendars out there I'm not sure which to pick.

If you are made of money, this advent calendar from FAO Schwartz can be yours for a mere $1,125:
Pottery Barn has one listed for $99 that is really cute:

And Target (who I love for all their Pottery Barn knock offs) offers this for only $29:
Pottery Barn also offers this hanging style:
Here is another variation I found online:

Maybe I will end up making one like this:

1 comment:

Tami said...

We have one where each day the kids put one piece of a nativity scene up on the picture. It has sheep, camels, wisemen, shepherds, Mary and Joseph and then Baby Jesus is put up on Christmas Day. They like it.