My adventures in mothering — the good, the bad and the ugly.
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Picture of the Day 05-10
Last fall I transplanted some iris tubers my dad gave me from his garden. Since they were still establishing themselves I wasn't expecting to see any flowers this year...but just today when I was out doing yard work I was surprised by this beauty!
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
We also transplanted some but no flowers yet. I am sure hoping for next year. I'm getting tired of looking at just a green stem! These are special Iris' b/c they came from Shawn's Grandfather's garden and when he passed away a couple of yrs. ago we went to his house and Shawn dug up a few of them along with some hen 'n chicks. So these have great sentimental value to him especially. It would be nice to see them bloom.
That's neat that Shawn has something so beautiful to remember his grandpa. One trick to planing these is you don't want to bury the whole tuber, just the roots. I usually just set them down where I want them to grow, then put soil just so it covers the root area. Hope that helps.
2 comments:
We also transplanted some but no flowers yet.
I am sure hoping for next year. I'm getting tired of looking at just a green stem!
These are special Iris' b/c they came from Shawn's Grandfather's garden and when he passed away a couple of yrs. ago we went to his house and Shawn dug up a few of them along with some hen 'n chicks. So these have great sentimental value to him especially. It would be nice to see them bloom.
That's neat that Shawn has something so beautiful to remember his grandpa. One trick to planing these is you don't want to bury the whole tuber, just the roots. I usually just set them down where I want them to grow, then put soil just so it covers the root area. Hope that helps.
Post a Comment