Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Crystal Springs Rhododendron Gardens

Every other Wednesday, Natalie doesn't have school, so I try to think of something fun for everyone to do. Today my friend Debbie and all our kids spent the day at Crystal Springs Rhododendron Gardens in SE Portland (across from Reed College). Admission is free on weekdays and it is such a beautiful place this time of year. Besides doing something with the kids, my real motive was to get a very specific photograph of my 3 babies. When Natalie was 4 and Zander was 2, I got the most precious photo of them walking across the bridge. I wanted so badly to replicate that same adorable scene to include Hayden. Well, knowing my little Hayden, this was not going to be an easy task, but I think I did it...see for yourself:
After feeding the ducks and geese, we settled down in the sun and had a nice little picnic then walked around a bit more and took more pictures. All in all, it was a fun day, but I was getting frazzled by the end. As I look back on my 200...(yes 200) photos from our outing, I think the cutest ones are when they aren't even looking at the camera. Here are a bunch of great shots I captured today.

3 comments:

Sue Albert said...

You sure are a good mommy! Your kids are very lucky. You are making some very precious memories for them (and for yourself, as well)!

They are all dressed so cute, and it looks like it was a really beautiful day.

Thanks for sharing!

Love,
Sue

Alyssa said...

Thanks Sue! Any excuse to photograph my kids is good enough reason for me...although it really wiped me out! They are wearing their Easter outfits for all those pictures. This year the weather turned right before Easter and I never got photos of them outside in their special clothes.

Anonymous said...

Great photos Alyssa! You really have an eye for that! I bet the kids had a great time.