Saturday, May 05, 2007

Fun in Fairyland













Today Natalie and her best friend Sarah got to be fairies for a day at the Alpenrose Dairy Fairy Festival. We arrived as soon as they opened and got their faces painted right away. Natalie got a fairy painted on her cheek, complete with sparkly fairy dust. Then they mixed up sweet smelling potions and magically turned them into sachets for their room. After a stop at the castle wall they each made fairy wands with fancy ribbon and fairy crowns made from fresh flowers. The girls had a magical time (and the moms couldn't snap pictures fast enough)! Here are some more of my favorite photos...I can't wait to scrapbook these fun memories:I think I had almost as much fun taking their pictures as they did skipping around like little fairies.


After we left the fairy festival, we stopped for lunch at Peanut Butter and Ellies in SW Portland, a kids restaurant with a menu catering to kids like none other. Sarah ordered a peanut butter and banana sandwich and Natalie had the Mac and cheese. Both girls had berry smoothies and for dessert we all had peanut butter rice crispy treats. Debbie and I both ordered the Nut-tastic chicken sandwich which has a spicy peanut sauce over a chicken breast with lettuce, tomato, onion, bacon and cheese. Mmmm...it was tasty. Also on their menu is peanut butter play dough...that you can actually eat. We didn't order any, but now I want to find a recipe and try it at home.

2 comments:

redheadedmama said...

That is sooooo cute, what a fun time and right up Natalies alley! Alpenrose has the funnest activities.

Anonymous said...

Great pics Alyssa! Wasn't that soooo much fun? I can't wait to take Hailey next year! We should scrapbook our fairy photos together! :-)