Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Walkin' in a winter wonderland

It didn't start out as a snow day, but by the time 7:30 am rolled around , it was clear that school would be cancelled. I am on the phone-tree committee to call people when school closes. Because the decision to close the school came in late, I was on the phone a bit making sure parents got the message.

After breakfast I got the kids all bundled up to go play in the snow. I can't remember too many times where we have had this much snow that actually stuck around long enough to have much fun in, so we really weren't prepared with sleds and such. However, that didn't stop us from
having fun. Here Dan has created a makeshift sled out of a rubbermaid storage container, a hula-hoop and some rope.

After a while, Dan gave Hayden a ride in the recylcling bin.
Zander is always ready for a good snowball fight. Unfortunately,
today's powdery snow didn't hold together very easily.

Here I am with my little snow baby.

After eating cold snow, Zander was more than ready for hot cocoa.


Natalie liked catching snow on her tongue.

My little Snow Angel!


2 comments:

redheadedmama said...

What a fun day! We had a great time playing in the "no"! I went and bought a sled today and we have been going up and down our culdesac this morning. IT is nice to be on a quiet culdesac with a small hill. I was very smart and called around to see who had sleds before I drove out. Glad I did as everyone was sold out except Big 5 sporting goods. (unfortunatly they only had one type for $25...better be able to use it again this year !!!) :-)

Anonymous said...

How fun, you've got the whole family out there!! Shawn had to go in to work but did come home early enough to take on the boys and the neighborhood in a snowball fight!
We had a great time playing in the snow today! I bundled the kids up so good almost too good. Whenever they fell they needed help getting up b/c they had so many layers. It was actually a really nice day! So, so, much fun! We have a pretty good hill and so we took the plastic sleds to the top and wheeeeeee!!!! Hayden knocked me up and over...I didn't see him coming down and I was right in the way when I turned around and saw him shootin' down the sidewalk. It must've looked so funny, it hurt though b/c I landed all my body weight on my right knee. Ouch!