This is the pumpkin recipe shown in last weeks Fabulous Food Friday...
Once when I was recovering from surgery to blast my kidney stones a friend of mine made me this delish dish. I asked for the recipe and now I will share it with you. Don't laugh, but this is one of those quick recipes using a cake mix!
1 yellow cake mix
2 sticks butter
1 can pumpkin pie mix (not just plain pumpkin)
Blend butter and cake mix with pastry blender until small crumbs form. Knead with hands and press half in a casserole dish (or press 1/4 into 2 pie plates). Top with pumpkin pie mix, then add the remaining cake mix to the top. Bake at 375 for 1 hour. See I told you it was easy!
When I made the pumpkin bake, I used a large can of pumpkin pie mix and had about 1/2 cup left over, so I added it to the following recipe for my moist banana bread.
Alyssa's Moist Banana Bread
I made up this recipe when I was first married. A lot of the butter is replaced with applesauce which makes it moist and yummy.
1 1/2 cups flour
2/3 cups sugar
2 t baking powder
2 t baking soda
1 t salt
3 mashed ripe bananas
4 T applesauce
2 T butter
2 T milk
1 T vanilla
2 eggs
dash of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
*When I asked Zander if he wanted some banana bread he said "it wooks kind of gross, but I'll try some anyway." After tasting it, he kept asking for more!
1 comment:
Thanks for posting the Pumpkin Bake recipe! Yum!
I love Banana Bread!!!!! Now, I wish we just had some bananas!
Post a Comment