
Late in the afternoon, our neighbors stopped by with their horse Smokey and asked if the kids wanted to go on a horse drawn sled ride. Natalie was ready to go, Zander had just been out playing and was cold, but we talked him in to staying out a little longer. Smokey is 20 years old and is great with the kids.

This is a more accurate picture (taken without a flash) of the time of day we were out. However, due to the fact that there was a lot of motion (riding on sleds) I had to use my flash which ironically, made everything look darker.

And they're off. The boy in the back is one of the neighbors.

After a while, Dan came out with Hayden so he could join in the fun!

Zander was a trooper and even though he was cold, he hopped up on Smokey and let Hayden ride in the sled for a while.

Weee! They don't look very excited do they?...I think they were paying more attention to the horse in front.
2 comments:
I wish that I felt more like going outside yesterday, but I was chilled for a good part of the day. It probably would have helped if I were wearing something more than shorts and a tee shirt, but I think it was more from the previous day and not feeling too good to begin with.
I am sure that the children will remember this for a long time. I still remember when one of our neighbors hitched up the horse to a "Santa" sleigh and we went for a great sleigh ride. Of course, we did have quite a lot more snow, measured in feet, not inches.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
That would be it!
Post a Comment