Monday, January 08, 2007

Picture of the Day 01-08

Say Aaaaaaah!
Today was Zander's first dentist appointment. He did great. The dentist would ask him a question and in true dentist form would try to pick at his teeth while Zander answered. Zander gave him an earful and had fun telling the dentist all about his penguin "Happy Feet" that he brought with him.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Zander!!!!
What dentist did you see? I used to be a pediatric dental assistant before Hunter was born. In fact I worked up until about 6-7 months of my pregnancy at the dental office. I had to get "special" scrubs for my ever growing belly! :-)

Alyssa said...

We started going to Troutdale Dental when we lived there...only 10 minutes away then. More like 3o minutes now. They are located in that "strip mall" of really cute shops just above the Troutdale outlet mall. Lots of antique shops, Columbia Gorge Spa etc. in that strip.

Do you think you will go back to dental assisting?

Anonymous said...

I know where those shops are, my sis in law Shanon does hair in the Columbia Gorge Spa!! I bought Hailey a darling wicker rocking chair at one of the antique stores, it's just her size.

As far as going back to Dental Assisting??? I dunno. Sometimes I miss it, I miss the people, I miss the flow and being really good at what I do. Not that I'm discrediting what I do now which is being a Mommy to my 3 babes. But...when you aren't in "the field" anymore you kinda, I kinda feel like well...the world is going by and I can't believe it has already been 5 plus years since I have worked in a dental office. I did pedo. and we did hospital cases at Emmanuel in the OR. That was fun! Poor little ones though. It was always satisfying though seeing the teeth all fixed.

I think if I do go back to work I will either help Shawn out, I enjoyed working for him. Or, just con't working my soy candle business. I dunno. I thought about going back to school for Dental Hygeine $$$$ but I'm not sure it's really my passion in life looking at peoples nasty teeth. KWIM? It just makes really great money.

My dream is to have my very own Tea House. I would love serving people in that way, making them feel special and pampered. Blending my own teas and have a little gift area from local vendors/artists. It would be Shabby Chic of course. :-) Lot's of PINK and white!!

Ahhhh....to dream!! I am hoping that through building my little candle biz I can fund this someday!! :-)

What about you?
I know you and Dan work together but what do you dream about doing?

Alyssa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alyssa said...

We used to dream about having our own B&B because, I, like you, enjoy papmering people and going the extra mile to make things special. I also like historic homes and breakfast foods (comfort foods) and have enjoyed "researching" B&Bs when we travel. I also think it would be great to have a photography studio or design my own line of scrapbooking stuff. I dream of these things often, but then I am awakened by sounds of my 3 little ones calling "mommy, I'm hungry...when is dinner?"