Thursday, January 11, 2007

Dad's Cancer Fight

As many of you know, my Dad found out last week that his prostate cancer is back. He just met with the radiation oncologist today for several hours and learned what is in store for him these next few months. He will be receiving radiation treatments every day, but all who are involved seem very optimistic. Please keep him in your prayers during the next couple months.

6 comments:

Bob Roush said...

Thanks Alyssa!

redheadedmama said...

Hi LAyssa, (and Bob too) I am sorry to hear this, was hopeful that all was well after his surgery. You and your family will definetly be in our prayers. Your dad is a great guy with a lot of umph! I know he is a fighter! :-) We love you guys.

Bob Roush said...

Thank you Anne!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this news Alyssa. :-( This is certainly very discouraging.
Looks like he has a great supportive network around him though to help him through this trial and on to his total healing and recovery.
Sending our prayers to you and your Daddy.

Anonymous said...

Alyssa - our family will keep your dad and family in our prayers - I will make sure to mention it during youth group tonight as well. I know there is power in prayer - and when kids are praying..it feels like it's prayer with a power boost - maybe it's their youth...but you can feel really feel his presence and power.

Anonymous said...

Here's a special joke for Bob. Hopefully it makes him laugh (laughing is very good for the immune system).
There's a new wine created to help men with prostate issues:
Pinot More.
HA HA HA HA HA HA............