Friday, January 12, 2007

Fabulous Food Friday

Dinner to Go
This is the meal I made for friends who just had a baby.
Included is Ham Stuffed Chicken smothered w/ cream cheese, Green Salad, Cheesy Soup w/Star cheese crackers, Pumpkin Bake and Sparkling Grape Juice.

I made enough for us to have dinner too, so I only had to cook once! I also made sure to bring everything in containers they could either throw away or keep so they wouldn't have to worry about returning dishes.

Cheesy Soup
This is such a yummy comfort food

1 Can cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Can Cream of Celery Soup
1 Can Cream of Potato Soup
1 Can of Cheese Soup
1 lb of Velveta, cut into cubes
1/2 cup half and half
3 cups milk
1 packet of Knor Vegetable soup mix
Mrs. Dash to taste

Mix all ingredients together and stir frequently in a slow cooker on high for 2 hours.

Ham Stuffed Chicken
Chicken Breasts (one per person)
Ham, (I chop mine into fine pieces in the food processor)
Swiss Cheese (I used Swiss cheese slices which melt better)
Salt and Pepper
Poultry Seasoning
Garlic Powder
1/4 cup Chicken Broth
Cream Cheese, softened
Thyme, parsley

Butterfly the chicken breast and place cheese and about a tablespoon of the ham in the middle, fold sides around the filling and place face down in a baking dish. (seam side down) Repeat for remaining chicken. Pour 1/4 cup chicken broth into dish. Sprinkle seasonings on top and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Make a mixture of cream cheese, parsley and thyme. Divide and spread on top of chicken and bake an additional 15 minutes. When taking this to friends, I let them bake the last 15 minutes so their food is nice and hot. (Garnish with chopped chives).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

UH....YUM!!!
Do you cook like that all the time missy???
My poor husband. teehee :-)
I used to cook large meals all the time and ya know make extras and then freeze them. Well....three kids later...not anymore honey! We need to go back to that I think. I complain about time but freezing the meals actually would save me time and also bring back those warm homecooked meals on the table for my hard workin' man!
Which...aren't the guys at a Blazer game tonight or something? What did you do for dinner?? I was at the Inlaws and brought them SunnyHans!! Oh yeah! YUMMMM.
BTW...
Where's the recipe for that delicious looking Pumpkin bake? :-)

Alyssa said...

Actually, if I'm being honest here, I would have to say that I don't cook like that hardly ever and ya know why...it took a lot of time and my kitchen was a wreck afterwards! When I bring food to people, I wan't to make it special, but for us I am usually throwing together something at the last minute. Tonight we had leftover pork chops and a quickie salad (by that I mean I tore up some lettuce, drizzled dressing and shredded parm and threw on a few crutons). It was fun putting together a nice meal the other day. Kind of reminded me of old times. I'm really in a rut with what I fix so it was nice to dig out these recipes. I seem to fly by the seat of my pants and lately have been so worn out trying to keep up with everything.

So, you had SunnyHans...mmm I love their peanut chicken noodle salad. I used to get it all the time when I worked at the print shop (same one your MIL worked at in downtown Gresham).

I hope the Blazers are playing well tonight. Glad Shawn could go.

The Pumpkin bake recipe...should I save it for next FFF or just email it to you?

Anonymous said...

Oh, sure you can email it to me, that'd be great! Sounds so delicious!

Sounds like the guys had a good time out! Now, just gotta get you out!!!! :-)

I remember the meal you brought to us when I think it was when Hayden was born. You brought baked potatoes with ALL the yummy fixings and lots of other goodies. We totally felt spoiled, so, thanks again and I know that the couple you blessed with the dinner will feel the same.