Thursday, September 06, 2007

So now that the kids are back in school, what are you doing with all your time?

If you would have asked me this question last year, I would have just laughed. At best I had about an hour and a half of free time between drop offs and pick ups at the two schools.

This year however, I have a good solid block of time...and since Natalie is now riding the bus home, I don't have to load up the boys and haul them over to the school to pick up Natalie...It has been soooo heavenly!

Although this first week of school is starting to take it's toll on me in the evenings especially, I have to say that I'm better off than I was last year. Last year at this time I had the stress of learning the routine of 2 different schools, 2 different teachers, all just months after moving to our new home.


So that brings me to the question...what are you doing with all your free time? Well, this week has been fairly productive. I've managed to mop the kitchen, go grocery shopping (where I saved $185 with my coupons), clean out both the kitchen refrigerator and the garage refrigerator (to accommodate all the new groceries) and I've gone on a walk with the boys (which took twice as long as going solo, but it was good to get out!). I've also had the usual house work to do which may actually get done this year!!! It's amazing how much more you can do when you aren't interrupted all day long. Ahhh...just sitting here enjoying my last 30 minutes before the bus arrives.
_____________________

I just wanted to let everyone know that Natalie's school is offering Entertainment books for $20 this week (sorry I realize it's already Thursday). If you are interested I can get one for you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forget about what I am doing....I wanna know how in the world you saved all that money on your groceries!!!!! HELLO!!!!!
Spill it sister! :-0

Bob Roush said...

I think that I am going to have to start charging for all those coupons that I bring over LOL:-)

redheadedmama said...

i would love an entertainment book, I will call you, but pick one up for me if you see this!

That is a great price!


Also when they have the movie passes for the hood will you get me one of those too!

Thanks