Here's a little background info: A few Christmases ago Natalie got a Jessie doll, but it didn't come with her trademark red hat. Natalie loved her Jessie doll very much but mentioned that next year all she was going to ask of Santa was a red hat for her Jessie doll. Fast forward to Zander's last birthday when he got the Woody and Jessie set as a gift. Natalie was thrilled because this Jessie had a hat. Needless to say, the hat was a big deal to her.Okay, so last Sunday when we went out to dinner, Natalie asked if she could bring her Jessie doll. I told her to leave it at home, but for some reason I agreed to let her bring it. Jessie came in to eat with Natalie. We enjoyed our meal, paid and left. It wasn't until we got home that she realized she didn't have the red cowgirl hat. Dan called the restaurant and they didn't have it either.
So I asked Dan if he would put the kids to bed so I could drive back to the parking lot and look for the hat. It was 20 minutes away, but it would save me a lot of anxiety if I knew it was or wasn't sitting there in the parking lot. I quickly zoomed out, driving Dan's car (the Honda). I was driving cautiously because it was dark and I wasn't 100% sure how to get there as Dan drove the first time and I wasn't really paying attention to how he got there. Then to add to my stress, a cop pulls up behind me. I am very aware he is there and hoping he turns soon. Just then his lights go on and I quickly move to the right to let him pass...only he didn't pass, he pulled up behind me!
As it turns out the plates are expired and have been since July! I quickly rummage through the glove box for the registration and proof of insurance. I hand him the registration, but cannot find the insurance card...or at least not a current one. The best I could do was a card that expired in 2005. Embarrassed as all get out I apologized to the officer and explained to him that this was my husband's car. He said other officers would tow my car away, but he would let me off with a citation. A $97 citation...Grrr Grrr Grrr! Needless to say, I was a little miffed at the thought that we have been driving illegally for 2 years...
Anyway I get to the parking lot of the restaurant and look around with only the street lights to help me see in the dark. No hat. It was nowhere to be found. So I drove home. The very next day Zander found the hat in his room. I don't even want to know how it got there!
5 comments:
Oh man! Wouldn't you know it? The hat was at home!!! Hmpfff!!!
I know a great Insurance guy if you need one! :-) lol
Ya, I was half tempted to call Shawn and have him set this situation straight, but it was after 9 pm!
Husbands, I tell you....this screams for new curtains to make up for all the hassel you had to go through! LOL That sucks, sorry!
Yeah, well I did do a little shopping therapy...shhh, don't tell!
And you know it's Murphy's Law that you got busted and not Dan!
Two years he never gets pulled over, the one night you're doing a good deed for your daughter, and BLAM! busted!!!
;-) Deb
Post a Comment