Sunday, July 29, 2007

Barview Jetty: Our favorite campground near the coast

Saturday Dan and I packed up the suburban, gathered the kids and drove for 2 hours to our favorite campground, just outside of Garibaldi. (We've been going here for 12+ years). My sister Toni had made reservations and all of my siblings (except my brother who was working) and their families were going to be there as well.

Saturday was a beautiful day on the beach...the kids played in the sand and in the surf and Dan got to test out his inflatable kayak in the waves. Here are lots and lots of photos from our trip. (My family gives me a hard time about taking so many photos, but they are so fun to look back on and share with all those who read my blog.)

Natalie was excited to play at the beach with her cousins Becca and Alexis.

Cowboy Zander loved climbing on the trees and digging holes in the sand.

Hayden liked pushing around the truck.

Pulling the truck all the way to the beach.
Digging a moat in the sand with Aunt Tami.

Brandon putting his toes in the ocean for the first time!

Zander and Hayden digging in the sand.

Natalie's reflection as she looks for treasures in the sand.

The cousins jumping over the waves together.
Not long after, Hayden got washed over by a big wave.

Natalie and Becca playing in the surf.

Getting super sandy.

Zander looking out onto the big Pacific Ocean.

How cute are these kids!!!

Eating dinner by the campfire.

Chucky, Dan, Toni and John (holding Brandon) eating fresh corn on the cob and grilled burgers...yumm!

Me and Andrea enjoying dinner while the husbands take care of the kids!

Good night, sleep tight!

4 comments:

Bob Roush said...

Glad you had some good weather and that it looks like you had a good time as well.

I am sorry that we could not make it, but with your mom having shingles and I still am not comfortable camping out after the radiation, maybe next year...I can only hope.

The weather here was misty in the mornings and overcast, just like being at the coast only without the surf and sand.

Welcome back,

Dad

Sue Albert said...

Happy Birthday, Alyssa! I hope you had a very special day today!

Looks like everyone had a great time. Was it chilly at the beach? I noticed lots of sweatshirts in the photos.

Your pictures are great! We really enjoy seeing all of them.

Love to all,
Sue

Alyssa said...

Sue

Thanks. I had a great birthday...I'll post photos tomorrow.

The Oregon coast is always unpredictable. In fact, it's pretty much a surprise when you can play in the water. Most Oregonians will discribe a certain leg cramping that happens when you try to wade in the water when it's too cold.

We always bring sweatshirts because even when it's warm and sunny, under the shade of the fir trees it can be chilly. From about 11 am to 7 pm we are in tank tops and shorts, but after that we throw on our warm long sleeve gear.

Lots of fun though...I didn't even mind the rain at night...I just looked around in the tent at the kids sleeping and hoped the rain would be gone by morning, which it was!

Lokoyan said...

Wow Alyssa, 53 photos of a trip to the coast... no wonder the internet was running slowly when you posted.

This might come in handy for you http://mingle2.com/blog-addiction

Anne had a great time last night. Glad you girls had fun.

Chris