Thursday, April 12, 2007

Good News, Bad News

Good News: our best friends just adopted their second baby boy! Hooray!!!
Bad News: they have to stay in a hotel until Tuesday when all the paperwork is finalized.

Good News: My dad finished his radiation treatments a month ago.
Bad News: his PSA tests are still high, so he may not be done fighting cancer. Another test on Monday will tell the doctors how to proceed. Please be in prayer for my dad as he isn't feeling well through all of this.


Good News: After working really hard to lose 10 pounds before our trip to Disneyland, I only gained a couple back after our vacation!!!
Bad News: I made up for it over the Easter holiday!

Good News: Our ant guy came back out to spray for ants.
Bad News: We still have ants.

Good News: Dan turned off the water.
Bad News: Our upstairs toilet leaked and it is now coming through the living room ceiling!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how creative all your titles and themes are, makes it so much fun to read.
Woohoo and congrats to Anne and family!!!!!!!!
Sorry about your Daddy. :-( I will keep praying for him. Keep us updated.
Bummer about the weight thang. I know, believe me, I know how devastating gaining back weight feels!!! Ugh! What's really bad is when you go down 12 and then gain it all back and then add on to it!!!!!! true story
I am however pleased to announce that I am back on the weight loss wagon and have faithfully exercised and eaten healthy for a week and lost 2 lbs.!!!! Woohoo!
Don't be discouraged Alyssa, jump back on with me-"YOU CAN DO IT!"
So so so sorry about your ant issues. So aggravating!!!!!!!
What to do? What to do? Is this something you guys will just always have to manage or what? Ugh!
And...what's up with the toilet?
"Wanna get away?"

Alyssa said...

I know, I need to just go cold turkey and stop eating all the snacks that have been around the house lately...I think all the Easter m&m's are just about gone, so not so many temptations left. Ugh!
I think the ants are going to be a regularly scheduled part of our maintenance. One our 3 month contract is up, then we will probably have someone out quarterly.

Alyssa said...

Oh...forgot to ask where we would be "going away" to? Sounds good to me!
I think a girls night is an order...maybe next weekend!

Tami said...

A girls night out sounds good!

Anonymous said...

I'll add the water stain to my growing 'to-do' home list. :-)