Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Fireworks at Disneyland

Our first night we saw the fireworks from our room. The second night we wanted to see them up close. So we grabbed a great spot right in front of the castle and waited. Then about 5 minutes before the show was going to start, it got cancelled due to wind. The next night, we got the same spot, just several feet back. Before the fireworks started, my mother-in-law and I went to get dinner at Refreshment Corner. We got hosed! $5.95 for a hot dog, milk and fruit cup. I think the folks at Disneyland need to start shopping at Costco. Natalie didn't want a hot dog, so she got a Mickey Mouse shaped pretzel. A bargain at $3.95. The food line was moving at a snail's pace, so we didn't get our food until the fireworks began. As we were weaving our way back through the crowd, we saw Tinkerbell fly through the sky. I was bummed that I couldn't take a picture because I had boxes of hot dogs to carry. We finally made it back for the show. It was great...the themed music and colored fireworks coordinated with different areas of Disneyland. The video I shot was from the Frontierland portion of the show. It is a little bumpy because Hayden was on my lap. You can click on the Youtube link below. I was so busy taking pictures, I didn't get to eat my dinner, so we all just sat in the middle of the road and had our picnic dinner while everyone else around us cleared out.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! The you tube and everything! It just sounds like you guys had such a great time! I can't wait until we get to go! I showed Shawn all your posts last night and we both just wish we could take our family.
How wonderful!
So....gonna write something up on Dland tips? B/c I am sure by having been there now with a young family you picked them up along the way. I would love to hear some of them so our trip can go as smooth as your sounds. :-)

Alyssa said...

We did have a great time, but I am pooped, let me tell ya. I am one tired mama. I plan to write more tips in a few days after I get the general vacation pictures posted. (I have 2 more days worth). I also have a Disney recipe for FFF!