Saturday, February 10, 2007

I have a sickness...

They say that the first step in recovery is recognizing you have a problem. Well, my friends, it's time I come clean... I am obsessive compulsive for sure. I am addicted to buying cute party supplies (napkins in particular) and will make up a reason to have a party just so I can get all the fun "stuff." It's a terrible sickness, but I don't know if I really want to be cured.

As I was cleaning up in the garage, it became very apparent to me that my obsession/compulsion to buy party stuff was a bit of a problem. You see, not only do I like to buy this stuff, but I also like to hoard it. I have enough super cute napkins to hold a party every month for the next three years. Lucky for me, I am good at organizing all this stuff, so I know where to find it when I need it, but heaven forbid I should actually use up an entire package of anything!

Here is what I have been working on. I can't wait to see the look on my father-in-law's face when he sees what I have done to his former manly garage!

All my bows and paper shreds for wrapping gifts. I like to recycle our packaging, so chances are, if you've given us a pretty bow or fancy tissue paper, I have it and will reuse it again.
I like to blame the amount of fancy tissue in this drawer on my job at Menlo Park Pharmacy (with a Hallmark) where I worked for 6 years, but most of it is from birthday gifts we've received.
This photo doesn't do a good job of showing just how much disposable party ware I have collected, but let me assure you, these are deep shelves.

This is what the rest of the garage looks like. Ugggggh! Hard to believe in the past 2 days I have emptied out about 12 boxes from here and there is still so much more to do. Yuck! Maybe I should have a garage cleaning party...Just kidding!

No comments: