As I was putting on her rollerskates she was taking deep "cleansing" breaths and saying to herself "you can do this, you can do this," over and over. It was so cute. (I've never heard her say this before). She was a little nervous, but I was so proud of her for being so willing to give it a try. She was pretty excited and little by little she made progress. It was also nice to have her good friend Sarah there to hang on to the wall and learn right along with her. At first she hung on to the wall pretty good, but as her confidence grew she let go and by the end of the party she was asking me to skate with her in the middle. It was fun for me to skate too as it has been lightyears ago since I had been to Skateworld...our 6th grade graduation party was there and that is the last time, I think. The place looks just the same...same scarry 70's decor! Same ugly red carpet everywhere. It was a lot of fun.
Monday, February 19, 2007
Happy Birthday Sedona!
As I was putting on her rollerskates she was taking deep "cleansing" breaths and saying to herself "you can do this, you can do this," over and over. It was so cute. (I've never heard her say this before). She was a little nervous, but I was so proud of her for being so willing to give it a try. She was pretty excited and little by little she made progress. It was also nice to have her good friend Sarah there to hang on to the wall and learn right along with her. At first she hung on to the wall pretty good, but as her confidence grew she let go and by the end of the party she was asking me to skate with her in the middle. It was fun for me to skate too as it has been lightyears ago since I had been to Skateworld...our 6th grade graduation party was there and that is the last time, I think. The place looks just the same...same scarry 70's decor! Same ugly red carpet everywhere. It was a lot of fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment