However, that changed when we were invited to dinner by our friends the Mickle's, who were celebrating their 10 year anniversary. We ate at the Riverview restaurant in Troudale, which is owned by Mr. Yoshida, a local entrepreneur, famous four his delicious gourmet sauces.

The Riverview is a newer restaurant, so I was excited to try it out. Debbie and I checked out the menu ahead of time and noticed a few unusual items along with all the other mouthwatering selections...Wanna guess...
Okay, I'll give you a hint..."Outback Fillet." Still guessing? So, what is an Outback fillet exactly?
It hops around on it's tail and carries it's young in a pouch...If you guessed Kangaroo...you are correct!
Actually, we started with an appetizer of Wine Cured Ostrich which was sliced thin and wrapped around Gouda cheese (as seen top right) and was quite good. Then for the main course, Scott ordered the Kangaroo and we all got to try it (pictured bottom right). I thought it was similar to steak (no, not chicken). Actually I thought it was better than a steak, but I don't really like steak all that much. I ordered the Seafood Tower (pictured bottom left) which came with a yummy coconut curry sauce. Debbie got the Thai Curry Linguine and Dan ordered a steak. Every thing was really good. We had so much fun!
1 comment:
Oh I have been wanting to go there! So glad you got to go! Happy Anniversary Debbie!!
Anyway, the strangest thing I have ever eaten has to be Cougar. With a husband who hunts.....you just never know what he's gonna bring home next! lol
Post a Comment