Sunday, March 04, 2007

Yesterday was a much better day!

The other day, I kind of vented about a few things. Sorry to be so glum, but it was very helpful to just get it all out. Come to find out, quite a few of you emailed me and told me you were feeling the same way last week. It must be the weather.

Yesterday, Mr. Sunshine finally came out and it was so good to see again. Early in the day, Dan and I took the kids to see the Veggie Tales premiere for "Moe and the Big Exit" at the Hollywood Theatre. It was a fun movie and the kids loved it, of course. Afterwards, we drove over to the Trader Joe's just down the street for a quick shopping trip. I love that store. So many good foods to try. On our way home, Dan called his mom and arranged for the kids to visit while we went out to lunch at Newport Bay. It was completely spur of the moment and just what I needed. I ordered my favorite hazelnut crusted halibut with ginger-honey glaze. Yum, yum. My only complaint was I wanted more...it was so good. If you ever go to Newport Bay on the Willamette River, order the macadamia nut crusted halibut...it is unbelievable!

After lunch we went to Big Lots. I was looking for some small blank, spiral notebooks to make autograph books for our upcoming trip to Disneyland. I didn't find them there or at Michael's or the Dollar tree, so I think I will check my favorite scrapbook store when I go there in a week for double punch day. While I was searching, Dan perused the sporting goods store and saw the sleds were 20% off so we got one for next year.

Now it was off to the library to check out some books on Disneyland. They only had one on the shelf, so we had a few others put on hold. Dan also got some books on the Oregon Coast and Cancun...I smell a vacation brewing!

Oh, I almost forgot to mention...Friday when I was at the gym working out on the elliptical, I plugged my headphones in to the little box thingy so I could hear the tv while I worked out. Well, only a few of the stations came in on my machine, so I had to choose between "Family Feud," some kind of fighter jet show on the History channel, "Leave it to Beaver" or static on VH1. I chose the Beaver. I remember watching the re-runs when I was a kid, so it was fun to watch...but I would have rather watched Rachel Ray which wasn't coming in for some reason. I mentioned this to Dan and on Saturday, he came home with this:
My very own iPod shuffle! What a guy! Now I can download all my favorite up-beat songs, clip it on to my jacket and workout to music. I can't wait to use it at the gym. This thing is so small...have you seen them? It measures about 1" by 1 1/2." As you can see, mine is pink!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey we are almost matchy-matchy! I got the hot pink IPOD nano for V-day from my honey. I love it..I use it when I want to clean house while the kiddos are sleeping...and I can do it to my loud music if I feel like it...without waking anyone up. Stay jamen sister