

Yesterday I went to see Andrea in the hospital with hopes of being able to hold Brandon.
On the way I grabbed lunch for Andrea who

was

discharged and was no longer receiving food from the hospital. When I got there we visited for awhile then we went into the special nursery where Brandon has been spending most of his time. He has been under the lights trying to reduce his
biliruben levels
brought on by neonatal jaundice. He looks so cute with his "tanning" goggles on. All those cords are to help monitor his breathing.
Well, I didn't get to hold him yet. My sister Toni and I got "kicked out" of the nurses station because it's normally just for mothers and grandparents. Lame! So I left...still haven't been able to hold him, but the good news is that he is doing great and got to go home earlier this afternoon.
3 comments:
Don't feel so bad, I am a grandparent and have not held him yet either. I really have not even gotten a good look at him.
Andrea, John and Brandon are home now, so maybe someday soon!
If anyone needs to be tanning it's me... How odd that Brandon who until yesterday had never seen the sunshine and I who see it everyday am ten shades paler than he is? He is such a good baby. It felt so great to come home. Oh, Alyssa, don't feel too bad about the nurse, she "kicked" you out cause the pediatrician was coming to talk to us. She just wanted us to give us some privacy. And if you come over this afternoon you can have your share of holding!
Andrea, How do you see the sunshine everyday, did you forget that you live in Oregon?
Thanks for bringing Brandon over today.
Love,
Dad
Post a Comment