
Ever since Natalie was a toddler I have been receiving the American Girl catalogs and Natalie enjoyed looking through them with me. Just recently, she has shown more interest in them. Last week, prompted by the free shipping promotion...and her upcoming 7th birthday, I went ahead and ordered one.

I thought about getting her one of the historical dolls, but I think she may be more interested in those when she is a little older and can read all the neat books that come with them. So here are the three "American Girl Today" dolls that I narrowed it down to. There wasn't a doll that resembled her exactly. The first one is the closest, but she has blue eyes (Natalie's are brown). The second one has bangs...Natalie once gave herself a haircut so she could look like "the doll in the catalog who has bangs." The third one looks like her except the hair is much darker. I went ahead and ordered her anyway and now I am having second thoughts. This is what I hate about myself...I torture myself with indecision and when I finally make a decision I second guess myself. Should I get a different one? Exchange it for another? I know she will love the one I got, but I just hope they don't come out with a light-brown haired doll with no bangs and brown eyes in their new catalog...I will just kick myself!

She really likes "china things" as she calls them, so I will give her this outfit for Christmas.
5 comments:
I looked through my American Girl catalog, and I would've picked the same one for Natalie. It's perfect! Deb
I would suggest that you stay with your first choice. I really do not think that the hair color is going to be that big a deal for Natalie.
By the way, how are you feeling?
Are you and the children ready for Halloween?
Take care,
Dad
Yes we are ready. I got their costumes on sale at the Disney store...Zander has a new Woody costume that doesn't ride up his rear-end! Natalie is going to be Cinderella and Hayden is Mickey Mouse. We are going to watch a matinee at 4:30 then go trick or treating from there.
We saw the American Girl store while we were in NYC! Pretty amazing. Wish I had been thinking and gotten Hailey one while we were there! Guess I will just have to go back right? :-)
That's on my list of places to try and go to before Natalie is out of the doll stage. There is also one in Southern California, so we may (crossing fingers) go next time we are at Disneyland...looks like so much fun (if you are a girl, that is!)
Post a Comment