
Pork Chops with Apples...Anyone remember the Brady Bunch episode where Peter walks around saying "Pork chops and applesauce"? Well, when you eat this dish, you have to say your S's like he does!
This was our dinner last night, brought over by my friend Debbie (who spoiled us with three hot meals while I was recovering from surgery!)
Pork Chops and Apples
6 Pork Chops
6-8 Apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
Pan sear pork chops until brown on both sides. While pork is searing, place apples in the bottom of a casserole dish. Sprinkle 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 t cinnamon and 2 T butter (sliced) on top of apples. Place pork on top of apples. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Serve with rice.
6 comments:
How are you feeling?
Wow! With the way you plate my food, you make it look SEXY! And, it looks like I can cook too! The surprises never cease!
;-)ebbie
Hi Sue
I am feeling pretty good. I don't have my energy back, but I can walk around and I even took Zander to preschool this morning. I feel better each day and have a Dr. appointment in a week to determine if they can take the stent out.
Debbie
It's all in the presentation!!! Thanks again for such a great week of dinners!
Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I still do not have a lot of energy and it has been over a year since I had my surgery and seven months since I stopped my radiation treatments.
Did you know that your Dr. Kim assisted Dr. Winchester in my surgery last year? How was this procedure compared to your others? I really like Dr Winchester and Dr Kim. Did their Physicians Assistant, Rebecca Harris come visit you as well?
Keep getting better.
Dad
I like Dr. Kim much better than my previous Urologist. She placed my stent in so it is not as irritating as before. I didn't know she assisted in your surgery. I'll have to mention that when I see her next Friday. I spoke with Rebecca on the phone, but I don't think I have actually met her yet.
Now I know where my mom got that quote. I always just thought she was being silly when she said, "Porkchops and applesauce"! :0)
Post a Comment