Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!
After I dropped Natalie off at school this morning around 8 am, it started to snow. It didn't stick, but it was pretty to watch. By the time I picked her up at 10:45, it started snowing again. This time it kept on snowing and snowing and soon the ground was covered. It has since melted, but at least the kids got to have some fun outside making snowballs.
4 comments:
What a beautiful sight! I cant wait till we get enough to actually play in..if we are getting snow now, hopefully it means we will get much more in the future. But who am I kidding this is Portland. We will get a dusting, but a weeks work of news to go with it! hahaha
RHM,
My favorite thing about when it snows around here is the news coverage:
WINTER STORM 2006
"Breaking News...We interrupt your favorite show to tell you that it's snowing. We at news channel 8 realize that you can look out your window to find out the same information, but we like to over state the obvious. This just in...what looks to some like light snow flurries are actually frozen particles of H2O. Now let's go to weather-guy who is braving out this terrible winter storm at the truck stop near I-84 in Troutdale..."
"Yes Anchorman-guy. The snow has begun to fall here in the valley and all the drivers seem to be handling it just fine. Let's go to our traffic cam to verify that there is no trouble driving in this weather. Yes, it appears that there are no accidents whatsoever. As you can see from the camera atop Important Bank building, ODOT is on high alert as they continue to work hard into the night, laying down a layer of gravel that seems to be twice as thick as the barely visible layer of snow on the road. They are taking every precaution necessary during these blizzard-like conditions. Now back to you in the studio."
20 minutes later ...
We now return you to your program.
***Roll ending credits.
Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!
This is so funny. I was thinking about your Grandma and Auntie Sue and Syracuse. They most likely cannot understand why in the world anyone would WANT snow since they have it on the ground for weeks at a time. I looked it up and their average snowfall is 114.6 inches of snow every year – and they live in a city which means lots of snow removal.
I, too, get that thrill of the snow – I always have. I remember going to the dentist as a kid and having to climb over the plowed snow piles to cross Pacific Avenue in Parkland. Having to walk was a bonus. Of course I had to climb the hill to get back home.
At 134 - 138 feet above sea level at home here, we’re just not going to get much. Alyssa, you are at about 524 feet at your front door. So, if the forecast is for snow down to 500 feet, that’s you. – I checked at Google Earth. If you hover your mouse over an area it lists the elevation on the bottom.
Mom
Post a Comment