Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Last day of Kindergarten

Although tomorrow is the last day of school, today will be Natalie's last day of Kindergarten. She was sent home early today with a fever and with the 24 hour rule, she won't be back for the last day. I was kind of bummed that she will miss out, but she was able to get her yearbook signed today. I was up all night until 2 am finalizing the kindergarten slide show DVD with another mom from the class. This was a labor of love and totally our idea and we couldn't be happier with how it all came together.

Here are some photos I took before school on Tuesday using a cap and gown I borrowed from a friend. Natalie's school doesn't have a kindy-graduation, but I thought it would be cute to get some photos...to scrapbook of course!

She had a great year in kindergarten and has already started to read! She also has really strong math skills (didn't get that from me!) and I hope to spend time reviewing these areas with her through the summer so her transition into first grade in the fall will be as smooth as possible. I still can't believe she is all done with kindergarten. I am kind of feeling a tad emotional about the whole thing...I have really grown attached to some of the other moms I see on a regular basis and hope our friendships continue as the years go forward. I also feel like time is slipping away too fast for me. In just 12 short years we will be celebrating her high school graduation.

5 comments:

Sue Albert said...

Congratulations, Natalie! Have a great summer!

Love,
Aunt Sue

Andrew Ernst said...

Cute, cute! And before you know it, you'll have your hands full with... TEEN-AGERS!!!!

redheadedmama said...

She is so adorable, I love the one with her sticking her tongue out. I cant get over how grown up she is. You should be proud!

redheadedmama said...

BTW, check out my blog to see how to do a picture in your header

Mama Cimino said...

Oh Natalie, Congratulations, you are too cute!
Gosh Alyssa I can't believe how quickly time is passing. I can clearly remember being at the hospital when Natalie was born. I hope time slows down a little, before I know it Brandon will be running all over the place