For the past week, we have been blessed with Christmas cards from friends. I just love getting mail. In fact, checking the mailbox is a highlight of my day. I think this is why I love to make cards for people. This time of the year is especially fun 'cause the chances of getting something worth opening increases greatly. Even if I don't get a letter or a card, it's pretty likely I will get a cool new catalog to "window shop" with.
Now that it is December 10, I am feeling behind the 8 ball. I haven't even started my Christmas cards or my Christmas letter. I used to make all my Christmas cards, so I would start in the summer to insure they were done in time. Now that I have 3 kids, my priorities have changed a little. Although I still pile quite a lot on my plate this time of year, I just try to simplifly where needed.

So far this year, I haven't decorated much for Christmas, unless you count the few things I quickly set up on the mantle the other day. So far I have decorated the dining room 3 times for various birthday parties, but sadly, no Christmas tree yet. Dan's mom has loaned us her pre-lit tree this year and I just picked it up today after church. Before Hayden was born, I would have much rather had a real tree. However, now I realize that this time of year is crazy busy for us and an artificial tree is better than no tree. Perhaps we will still go cut one down later this week so we can have one in the living room and another in the family room, but I'm not holding my breath.
I am hoping to decorate the tree tomorrow and then take some family photos to include with the Ernst Family Christmas letter...I just keep saying to myself each day "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..." ("Little Engine that Could" classic kids book) and somehow, I do get things checked off my list. Boy will I be glad to have Christmas cards in the mail... I won't be able to exhale until that task is done. Thank you to every one who has already sent their Christmas greetings. We love hearing from all of you.
3 comments:
behind the 8 ball. Girl you're on a roll, I don't have time to post 1 tenth of what you've put on your blog. You're having a good month... Hope it keeps getting better. I'm having fun checking it out little by little. Andrea (knitwit)
For clarification, is this Andrea Cimino or Andrea Lorenz?
Thanks for the encouragement which ever Andrea you are! LOL
I am assuming Andrea Lorenz, since she also commented on my blog (though I did not know who she was either!) hehehe
Post a Comment