Wow, I have been such a slacker with my blog this summer. I guess that means we have been busy. I always think that once school is out we can have a nice relaxing summer, but usually the opposite is true. Between trying to keep the yard up (which I am failing at miserably), keep on top of my veggie garden, keeping the pool up and let's not forget about all the housework, then add to that swim lessons, VBS, library reading program, birthday parties and playdates, I feel like I can't wait for September to get here so I can have a break!!! We haven't really had any pool parties yet and the summer is almost over...currently the pool is being treated for an algae bloom that hit right when we had one of our hottest days. It was such a bummer not being able to use the pool, but it should be ready for swimming soon.
Swim Lessons
Zander is learning to swim with his face in the water.
Natalie can swim really good and even goes off the diving board and swims in the deep end of our pool!
After swimming lessons the kids enjoyed playing in the newly constructed splash park...until Zander slipped and fell and landed on his head.
Here is a video of Hayden jumping into our pool, going under water and then inching his way back to the steps. He did this over and over for about 20 minutes one day last month. Dan and I couldn't believe how brave he was.
Fashion Show
My sister Toni works at Penney's at the mall and asked if Natalie and Zander could model some back-to-school clothes for the children's department. Their cousin Becca was in the fashion show too!!
Here are the cousins

My little models looking so sylish in their back to school clothes.
3 comments:
I am glad to see the children are taking swimming lessons, I did that as a youngster and if one is near the water at all knowing how to swim is a must.
Now that the children are models does that mean that I have model grandchildren?
Thank you for all of the wonderful pictures!
I got a charge out of the expression on Zander's face in the modeling photo.
Thank you Alyssa I have the cutest kids around they looked AWSOME!! I am very proud to have the cutest and coolest neices and nephews!!! Thank you again
Post a Comment