I've been camping with Mo and Ben (and Dan of course!) and they are super funny. Stan loves to talk and we would always yak on the phone when I called for Dan. Sometimes I would talk with Stan longer than with Dan! Anyway, it has been years since we have all seen each other and it was so great to catch up. I was still recovering from my cold, so Dan even made the dinner...well, most of it anyway! For the past (I'm guessing 6-7 years) Dan has designed and updated Mo's website for his door and window company. You can check it out here...and be sure to call Mo if you ever need windows. Mo will be flying to Egypt (where he was from originally) to get married in a week or so. As it turns out Ben is a very talented painter and has some of his paintings here. I think they're great, you should check them out.
Last night we had our friends Shawn and Katie over with their 3 kids. It was great catching up with them and having their kids over to play too. Sadly, I left my camera in the car and don't have any pictures.
Today was my nephew Brandon's first birthday party so in keeping with the Roush family first birthday tradition, my sister borrowed my lamb cake mold and made Brandon a lamb cake! I bought it at an antique store, but it's the same cake mold my mom used for our first birthdays and I think even my grandma used one for my dad and siblings.
Brandon got lots of goodies for his birthday, so I'm sure he will have plenty of fun playing with everything.
...and it looks like grandpa was having fun too!!!Not long after we got home from Brandon's party, we were out the door again to a surprise 50th birthday party for our friend and neighbor, David.
His wife had him pick up his brother at the airport and David had no idea that we were all waiting for him when he arrived home.
The kids, especially Zander, were drawn to the live music (mandolin and guitar). These musicians were top notch and really set the mood.
A big ol' piece of cake (angel food I think) for the birthday boy! It was a fun party and Dan and I got to mingle and meet lots of great people.Okay, this is totally off topic, but I'm noticing that my photos look a little grainy on my monitor...Do they look that way to anyone else? Last weekend, my display stopped working on my digital camera, so I can't see the photos until I upload them and for some reason, they seem a little lower res than I am used to. Let me know what you think.



7 comments:
The photo's looked okay on my LCD monitor.
The party was fun, but grandpa was kind of tired afterwards.
How did your iris present turn out? Or did you just give it to him in the plastic bag?
I wrapped the box in silver paper, leaving the top open. Then I put clear cellophane to line the box and piled the iris in and included one of those metal garden markers (that you can write on) and labeled it "Iris." I forgot to include the planting instructions though...maybe I'll just send a quick email to him.
Cool!! I knew that you would come up with some original way to present them. Did I give you enough iris to fill the box?
I still have the original lambie cake mold and used it for all my kid's birthdays up until a few years ago. I even used it for their high school and college graduations. I even bake Jesus a birthday cake for Christmas since He is the Lamb of the World.
Since I will be unemployed soon, maybe I will have more time to bake again!
I'm glad to see you are keeping up the family tradition!
Hey Sue...are you leaving the library? I bet you have mixed feelings about that. Seems like you loved reading to the kids.
By the way, did you guys ever get the photo book I sent at Christmas time?
Yes- I'm so sorry I never got to write thank you notes! I have been so stressed out. I kept meaning to write, and just kept procrastinating, Grandma loves it. She talks about what a good mother you are all the time. Thanks for reminding me. I can't believe I never thanked you. I am SO SORRY!
The library story is very sad. I don't want to leave, but the boss won't let me go part-time, and I really need to be home more now. I don't have much of a choice. It has really got me depressed. I have put it in the Lord's hands, so I will have to wait and see what He has in store for me.
No worries on the thank you notes...I still have not written them for the kid's birthday gifts back in December (so I totally understand). I had just wanted to make sure it arrived since I had it shipped directly from the place that printed it.
Sorry to hear about the library job. I know how much you enjoy it. Are there any community centers, daycares, museums, playgroups or other ways you can use your talents and still cut back?
God knows what's on your heart and I'm sure He has something great in mind for you!
Post a Comment