Monday, December 24, 2007

Public Service Announcement: Cookie Bandit on the Loose!

Tonight, as is customary, we left cookies for Santa. Zander was the only one not already in bed, so I asked if he wanted to bring them in the living room. After he was done, I chased him upstairs and snuggled for a while. Then I warned them that Santa was just spotted over Canada, so they better hurry and get to bed before he got here.

I just started to unpack the kids' Christmas gifts (my side of the family opens on Christmas Eve) when I walked into the living room to get the stockings down from the mantle. I glanced at the cookie plate and two of the cookies were missing...That sneaky little boy of mine ate the cookies. I was getting ready to go upstairs and make him brush his teeth again when I saw this:

...Zander, must have been gazing at the tree (or the gifts under the tree) when he dozed off right on the edge of the couch.

I had only been unpacking for just a little over 5 minutes, so those cookies must have been what he needed to get to sleep!!!

I went in the family room to tell the story to Dan. He walked in and saw Zander and said, "you have to take a picture of that!" (I have my family trained!)

I couldn't find my camera anywhere, so Dan went out to the car to see if it got left in there. In that short amount of time, Hayden came down and took the other cookie and walked up to bed, like it was no big deal. I saw him do this and just had to laugh. I don't even know how he knew they were there (unless Zander revealed his master plan before going downstairs).

So beware, Santa might not be the only one eating your cookies tonight!

3 comments:

Bob Roush said...

Too cute! Sometimes the best photos of children are when they are asleep.

So what time did you get to bed last night?

Thanks for the Leatherman and also the Potato Bonsai. I am planning on spending most of the morning caring for it. We sometimes grow them under the sink, but I never knew that they were so special.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

Love to all,

Dad

Kathleen said...

Merry Christmas, my dears.

Alyssa, you have no possibility of preventing your kids from sneaking cookies - especially at Christmas time. Cookie banditing is a genetic trait that is found on both sides of your parents' families, and I think I saw possible signs of that from some place back on Dan's family tree.

We are seeing snow coming down right now - even way down here at 138 to 142 feet above sea level. It is about 40 degrees out, so we have little to no chance of it becoming white... BUT it is snowing.

I hope you have a blessed Christmas. I know I am blessed to have such a wonderful family - all 16 1/6 of us.

Love to all of you,

Mom

Mickle Family said...

Those Nyquil cookies really did the trick! Ha ha! Deb